A deepening adventure for men working in missions
July 24-30, 2022
Wake 2022 is a 7-day/6-night spiritual journey experience in the context of outdoor adventure in the boundary waters canoe area of Minnesota, specifically designed by Barnabas International staff for men working in cross-cultural contexts. Traveling side-by-side with this group of men you will complete a physically challenging journey while being guided through a process of paying attention to your inner journey with God. Each day will provide space to process both in silence and solitude and together in a community of men with similar experiences, all in the context of spectacular outdoor scenery.
Early-bird Pricing: $600* + airfare**
After April 15 the cost will go up by $50. Last day of registration is July 1.
* cost includes all equipment, lodging, meals and transport to/from MSP airport.
**participants will be responsible for travel to MSP airport in Minneapolis. Plan to arrive on Sunday, July 24th before 1pm and can leave anytime on Saturday, July 30th (airport drop-offs at 6am and 9am).
Step 1. Registration
Maximum group size will be 6 participants plus 3 leaders for a total of 9 people.
With limited space this trip will fill up quickly!
Register for Wake 2022
A $50 deposit is required at registration.
Step 2. Application
What can you expect?
- At Barnabas we believe in a Trinitarian, Christ-centered approach to faith and ministry so that will flavor all we do.
- Introverts will enjoy the quiet mornings and space and silence to process. Extroverts will enjoy the group interaction and sharing of experiences. Expect moments of laughter, of teamwork, and of reflection.
- The boundary waters area of northern Minnesota is one of the greatest areas of nearly untouched wilderness in the US. Human-powered canoes are the only permitted forms of transportation. Expect spectacular scenery and escape from modern technology.
- Each day will include several hours of paddling, with multiple stops to carry your canoe (portage) and supplies between lakes. You will need to be in decent shape and able to carry a reasonably heavy load over uneven terrain for distances up to a mile (although many are much shorter).
- The fishing is great! We supply fishing tackle and lures and instruction if you need it. You will need to buy a MN 7-day fishing license if you want to fish.
- All camping, canoeing equipment, and food will be provided. You will need to bring clothing and any other personal belongings.