The RAM Training is an adult facilitated workshop experience focusing on a practical Theology of Risk. It is holistic, integrating faith and emotions, along with practical risk assessment.
This training is a companion to Facing Danger: A Guide Through Risk, by Dr. Anna Hampton.
2021 RAM Training Schedule
APRIL 21, 22, 23, 24, 2021* - Zoom RAM Training
MAY 24, 25, 26, 28, 2021* - Zoom RAM Training
JUNE 28 - July 1 - HONG KONG Time Zone
(JUNE 27, 28, 29, 30 Chicago Time Zone - 7:30 pm–11:00 pm Chicago Time)
Session 1: 8:30 am - 10:00 am (Hong Kong Time)
Session 2: 10:30 am - 12:00 pm (Hong Kong Time)
AUGUST 16, 17, 18, 20, 2021* - Zoom RAM Training
*Time is the same for all four days of April, May, and August trainings: 9am–10:30 am, 11:00am–2:30pm CT (Chicago).
How is the RAM workshop unique from other crisis debrief training?
RAM is intended to be practical, less-intensive, and holistic… able to be accomplished at every level of the organization, not a “specialized security personnel.” Notably, the RAM Training addresses the challenge of emotional-psychological-
Even teams and workers who’ve had the industry standard training in risk assessment are not equipped in how to respond with a holistic response to risk to themselves, their families, and relatives and home sending partners. The RAM Training provides this important piece. It is important to lay a biblical foundation addressing the Theology of Risk exegetically and holistically, so workers better understand their thinking and emotions in the risk situation.
What will an attendee be able to do after attending the workshop?
There are several significant outcomes from the RAM Training:
- RAM equips participants with a scalable risk management protocol – one that is easily adapted to any risk environment.
- RAM provides a guide for using the Bible to discern risk rather than an anecdotal Biblical model.
- RAM guides both leaders and individual team members in how to make sure they have responsibly and comprehensively calculated risk from rational, emotional, and spiritual perspectives.
- RAM Training equips workers with the key components of decision-making and discernment in risk.
- RAM Training augments other stress-resilience and security training by helping field workers discern which risks they are called to minister in; in short, when to stay and when to go.
- RAM participants will be equipped to better communicate about risk with other field workers, their own children, their leadership, and sending partners.