Also available in Spanish and Portuguese. See below.
A Guide Through Risk
by Anna E. Hampton
Facing Danger guides cross-cultural workers through a biblical discussion on risk, providing a spiritual and practical framework for working through cross-cultural risk assessment and management.
In this book
Anna E. Hampton discusses:
- Four connections related to risk between the Old and New Testaments.
- Essential elements of cross-cultural risk assessment and management.
- Balancing the tension between the leading of the Holy Spirit, wise stewardship, and God's invitation to risk.
- Twelve risk myths often repeated to those who have a cross-cultural calling.
- A guide to writing a personal conviction on cross-cultural risk.
- Working through a systematic action plan on risk that integrates spirituality, faith, emotions, stewardship, and practical danger assessment.
After living for almost a decade in the high-risk and dangerous environment of Afghanistan, Facing Danger works through how Anna attempted to raise her children without emotional and long-term trauma while simultaneously living out her calling to partner in a divine endeavor in a hostile culture. This is the real world where a biblical understanding of risk must work.