Do you have a desire…
- To enhance your ministry skills?
- To study challenging material in a facilitated peer-learning environment?
- To find personal enrichment and growth and to develop relationships that will contribute to your long-term success?
- Be challenged to grow deeper with God and with others?
A ministry of Barnabas International
Equipping Women International strives to provide accessible and affordable ministry skill training in regional hub cities worldwide. We have personally experienced the spiritual nurture and life-changing dynamics that occur when women gather and learn together, and we are passionate about providing this life-on-life experience for our fellow global servants.
Next EWI Training Locations & Dates
BOTH ON-SITE AND VIRTUAL EQUIPPING WOMEN INTERNATIONAL FOR FALL 2020 HAVE BEEN CANCELLED
VIRTUAL EWI Training Session Fall of 2020
8 weeks between September 21st and November 14th, 2020
virtual Zoom class sessions
2x—3-hour sessions per week for a total of 48 hours
Days and Times:
Developing a Discerning Heart - Mondays & Thursdays, 8-11 am (ICT, Thailand)
Discovery Bible Study - Wednesdays & Fridays, 7-10 am (ICT, Thailand)
Equipping Women to Serve - Tuesday & Friday, 6-9 am (ICT, Thailand)
Prerequisite Requirement: Completed Module #1-Facilitating Relational Learning
$150, plus $25 for workbook
- a strong wifi signal
- a computer or tablet with a screen capable of showing all Zoom participants (phones do not work)
- a private, quiet location for 3-hour blocks of time with no background distractions
- time to complete the assignments before start of the course and time during the weeks for other assignments
- strongly recommend use of a headset or earbuds with microphone
- technical training on Zoom classroom features will be provided
- missed sessions must be made up the week they are missed
Open Registration Dates: June 20th to July 25th, 2020
1. Why Should I Take This Training?
These course modules are designed to increase the long-term success and well-being of women in ministry.
- The initial four core modules, usually taken over an extended period of time, foster personal spiritual transformation and ministry skill acquisition and practice. Learning occurs through the extensive coursework provided in the Bible college-level workbooks and through the peer-to-peer discussions and skill practice during the actual modules.
- Our modules are led by experienced facilitators in a small group setting and are based on the best practices of adult learning. Question-led, interactive discussions are the norm, drawing on the learning from the module lessons completed ahead of time and the life experience of the participants. Facilitators model the mentoring and coaching skills that a worker needs to be effective in her local church/ministry context. This is a peer discipleship model of learning in an interactive, interagency community.
- The goal of our training reaches beyond personal transformation to the need to multiply workers who will continue to train others (2 Tim 2:2). The skills learned are transferable in a variety of cultural contexts and can create accessible training experiences in three key venues:
- Local churches
- Regional partnerships
- Global missions
Our hope is that equipped workers, by relying on the transforming power of the Holy Spirit, will experience their own personal transformation during this process and catch the vision to multiply shepherds in God's Kingdom through ongoing sustainable training efforts.
2. What Will I Learn?
These Four Core Modules make up the initial offerings of EWI:
- Facilitating Relational Learning*
- Developing a Discerning Heart*
- Discovery Bible Study*
- Women Serving Women*
See this website for module descriptions, table of contents, and lesson samples.
3. What Curriculum Do You Use?
In partnership with a very trusted training organization, we use a highly developed four course curriculum for our four listed modules. This curriculum is designed to enhance resiliency for global workers and has also proven to be successful and effective in training national lay leaders.
For security reasons, we will be happy to name that training organization only in a private personal correspondence to applicants.
4. Who Will Benefit From This Training?
This training is designed for international workers and pastoral care givers, as well as any woman who has a passion for investing in the lives of people in her community. Our desire is to see lives transformed by the love of Christ as expressed through His word and by His body. During the training, you will have time to thoroughly process what you are learning, put into practice the tools you are learning, and apply the principles to your unique ministry.
5. How Much Homework is There?
The homework preparation for this course is approximately 30 to 40 hours. The homework is best done over a period of time, so we encourage early registration, allowing you plenty of time to complete the homework a little at a time!
6. Who and What is EWI?
Equipping Women International is a group of women serving with Barnabas International. We have personally experienced the spiritual nurture and life-changing dynamics that occur when women gather and learn with women, and we believe in providing this life-on-life experience for global servants.
7. What is the Cost of the Training?
This training typically costs $500 to $600 for an 8-day/9-night residential training session (including full room and board) depending on the location.
The training materials cost $50 for FRL and $30 for DDH, DBS, and WSW. Limited scholarships are available.
8. Where Can I Get More Information?
My time at the Equipping Women International training was so much more than I expected! It is something that benefits me both personally and in ministry. The training equips me to help others learn in a more meaningful way than any traditional method of teachi - whether it is in a group setting or in situations with friends, acquaintances, and even my own children! If you really want to be a woman who is wise, compassionate, attentive, and able to help others learn in a way that Jesus demonstrated, you will definitely want to be a part of this training! It will revolutionize the way you see your role as a leader and transform the way you help others grow spiritually.
Attending the FRL training session was a blessing to me in several ways. To spend eight days in concentrated effort to digest new material was an all-new learning experience in itself. But to spend the eight days around the Word with eight other sisters in the Lord as we got acquainted, learned together, shared our stories, encouraged and challenged one another, and enjoyed each other's company—what a privilege! Another blessing to me has been to discover that the Entrust material will work among Brazilians and that there has already been a good start in getting it translated to Portuguese. As the Lord enables, I am looking forward to continuing the training and in "passing the ball" to those who are ministering in Brazil.